Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Some Tweaking

I've noticed that the headline and the body of my posts is showing up stuck together in the RSS feed. Why in hell would that happen?
Transportation

Ah, well. I'll look at it later. Today, a friend is bringing our new (used) car. It's a Ford be-nothing econo box Focus Aspire, but it's a later model (1999 1997 I think), has low mileage and he's letting us have it at a really good price.

We've been sweating over our old car, a 1989 Nissan Stanza, that I bought new while in the military, because there's a strong smell of gas after driving it a while. I figure there's a fuel-line leak somewhere, but can't afford to get it fixed. We just spent $500 just to get the starter replaced, and don't want dump more cash into a car that is probably headed for the bone yard or demolition derby.

The Stanza has actually been a very reliable vehicle.The car has been all over the United States taking me to new military assignments, and I'm sorry to see it go. But, it's seen better days with about 130,000 miles on it. We also have a 1988 Dodge Aries K that is sitting in the back yard waiting for a trip to the junk yard. The engine is shot, the shocks are gone, and it's no longer a viable means of transportation.

Sometimes it's just best to move on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home